Monday, January 12, 2009

Grownup Snow Day


Remember how, as a child, you used to wish for a snow day? I still do. I'm one of those crazies who actually LIKE shoveling snow (although cleaning off the car is another story altogether), and since I don't have human children, a snow day off from work is a Very Good Thing. Especially when I have a quilt project in progress.

Yesterday was a snow day for me, and I put it to good use machine quilting a two-color version of Grandma's Scrap Bag. I want to show quilters that my patterns do not have to look just like the cover picture (made from late 19th century reproduction fabrics). I had long wanted to do this in two ocean color batiks. I quilted it in the allover pattern known as (depending on which machine quilting book you read- I've got a bunch of them) teardrops, paisleys, petals, or clamshells. I prefer to think of it as oyster shells, as I'm considering eventually embellishing it with some pearls!

How do you spend your snow days?

Barbara Chojnacki
Six Gables Designs

No comments: