Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Recipe

Happy Turkey Day To All!!

I hope you find your day filled with family, friends and great food. I know our table will be laden with all of our favorites and then some. I am thankful for many things in my life, one of them being the great friends I have made through the quilting world. The encouragement I receive from my quilting friends and students is a wonderful thing indeed! As a thank you for all that I have received I would like to pass along a recipe to you. If you are anything like me your fridge will be packed at the end of today with more food than you know what to do with. This recipe is a great way to use up some of the leftovers. What has this got to do with quilting you ask? Well, this recipe is so easy and quick it will leave more time for sewing!

Day After Thanksgiving Casserole

Spray casserole dish with non-stick spray. Build layers in the dish - amounts will vary with the size of the dish and the amount of leftovers. You can also substitute any ingredients, sweet potatoes for mashed, beans for corn, etc...

Layer 1 - 1 to 1-1/2" mashed potatoes
Layer 2 - stuffing
Layer 3 - turkey cut into bite size pieces
Layer 4 - corn

Press the layers together to eliminate any air pockets but not so much that the potatoes ooze out.

Layer 5 - gravy, pour over all

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly.

Enjoy your turkey day, count your blessings and know that you are counted as one of mine!
Terri Sontra
Purple Moose Designs
http://www.PurpleMooseDesigns.com

No comments: