Monday, June 16, 2008

Home again!

I am home again from a wonderful and truly relaxing week away. No radio, no TV, no computer or any other modern distractions. Only the sound of wind in the trees and little bird and animal noises in the surrounding woods. The large living room and dining area of the cabin face the lake with windows on three sides - what a fabulous studio! I always wish I could bring it back home with me at the end of our stay - especially the view of the lake! Our only concession to the outside world is our cell phones - DH's mother is 93 and we like to stay in daily contact with her. (She is a quilter also, by the way, something really nice that she and I have in common.)

Believe it or not I worked on five different quilt projects (out of the seven that I brought with me). I find that designing and creating are so energizing and yet relaxing at the same time that I always make them a priority for vacation. I am well on my way towards a couple of new quilt designs and new pattern samples. What a great feeling! (Of course actually finishing a project while on vacation is kind of beside the point - too much like actual work, if you know what I mean!)

I also finished reading a lovely book about an Amish family living in Lancaster County, PA (where so many beautiful quilts are made), and started reading a 700+ page novel which intertwines the early years of the Pilgrims at Plymouth Plantation and the colonies on Cape Cod with a modern day intrigue. Great fun. What more can one ask for?

I, too, am v ery pleased and impressed that my idea for this blog has materialized so quickly and so well. Many thanks to Barbara C. for getting it up and running and for giving us "blog newbies" helpful tips for how to make it successful and interesting.

Please watch for new patterns coming soon and hopefully some photos of work in progress.

Happy Quilting!

Cary

Cary Flanagan
Something Sew Fine Quilt Design
www.somethingsewfine.com
somethingsewfine@comcast.net

No comments: