Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Works in Progress at Six Gables Designs

It's been a busy last couple of months. With shows coming up later this summer and fall, I've been working on patterns for some fun new quilts that will make their appearance soon.

My newest design (I just finished stitching the borders this morning) is as yet unnamed. It was designed to make use of those one-yard cuts you often see at quilt shows. I began with a packet of five fabrics I purchased at my last show. I'm very enthusiastic about this pattern- it's easy and lends itself to just about any quilt fabrics you can imagine. I chose very soft, feminine pale aquas and lilacs for my sample.

Currently being tested by my pattern testers Denise and Stacy is "Patty Piper Pieced a Pair of Painless Pointless Pinwheels". Again, this is a very simple pattern, with a bonus- you can piece TWO tops in a weekend (really). Also, both these patterns, with their simple piecing,  are great choices for flannel quilts.

Happy stitching and stay cool!
Barbara Chojnacki

No comments: